I'm really excited to be bringing you my artwork directly to you! I’ll update this page as I’m accepted to each event.
Most of these events are great places to chat with me in person, too!
2018 ART EVENT SCHEDULE
- February 15th — March 16th — 23rd Arts in Harmony 2018 Annual International Show. This year I'm feeling so honored to have TWO images that were chosen—The Wish and The Other Side, both flower images. ---- Main Show Reception: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 4:00 – 6:00 pm, Hopkins Center for the Arts. The Main Show will be at Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Main Street, Hopkins, MN 55343. There is Free Parking at the parking ramp located at the corner of Main Street and 11th Avenue diagonally across from the Hopkins Center for the Arts.
- Friday, March 23rd — St Cloud Art Crawl — at Falcon National Bank, downtown St Cloud. 5 to 9pm, 1010 W St Germain Street, St Cloud. A great stop on the art crawl that will be full of artists, including your's truly!
- April 1st — 30th — St Cloud Hospital. Main floor, Center entrance, between coffee shop and chapel. Part of the sale proceeds benefit the St. Cloud Hospital Auxiliary. Your purchases are made at the hospital gift shop.
- May 2nd — 26th — What Mental Illness Feels Like—Images & Stories, Gallery St. Germain, 912 West St. Germain, St Cloud, MN. (Across from The Paramount.)
OPENING RECEPTION, Thursday May 3rd, 6 to 8pm. Regular Gallery Hours: Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays—11 to 5pm, Saturdays 10 to 2pm.
ABOUT THE EXHIBIT: Barb Kellogg created “What Mental Illness Feels Like—Images & Stories”, a photography project inspired by conversations with a friend who battled depression. The result of those conversations was a better understanding, not of the text book definition of the illness, but of how it actually felt to him in terms Barb could relate to. This experience eventually made her wonder how she, as a photographer, could translate mental illness so that people without it could visually see how it feels, and hopefully relate in some way. After interviewing people living with mental illness, Barb created visual analogy photographs for each person based on their conversations about what their mental illness felt like. The exhibit also includes short stories and portraits of each person Barb interviewed. The goal of “What Mental Illness Feels Like” is to create understanding of mental illness, decrease stigma, and, ultimately, to humanize it. -- This activity is made possible through a grant from the Central Minnesota Arts Board, thanks to funds provided by The McKnight Foundation.” More info and (press kit)
- May TBD — Girls Day Out — Saturday, 10am — 5pm. This intimate event is at the Mary Gohman's home - 1106 Somerset Blvd, St. Cloud, MN. She is a fantastic jewelry artist (check out her work here), plus there will be a good handful of other artists, not just jewelry, including yours truly! I'll be having my "Name Your Price" promotion on matted prints again that was so popular last year.
- July — CentraCare Health Plaza, St. Cloud, MN — on exhibit and for sale all month. First floor between Family Medicine and the Breast Center. Pay at the Plaza gift shop. Plaza gift shop hours are M–F, 8 to 5pm.
- September TBD — Art at Waters Edge — Saturday, 11am to 4pm. This is the 3rd annual art event held at my home in Avon. Join myself and other artists. Perfect low key environment to chat with the artists without the crowd of a big art fair. Light snacks. Indoor event, held rain or shine!
- December TBD — Christmas on Somerset, Saturday 10-5pm — An art and gift event at 1106 Somerset Blvd, St Cloud MN featuring many artists! Great opportunity for unique gift buying. Plus, I'll have my "Name Your Price" sale on in stock prints.
Other "Stuff" to know about
- Credit cards are usually accepted, but there are locations where my work is for sale that only take cash or check.
- Events are marked “tentative” if they aren’t confirmed.
- All events are held rain or shine. (If it's storming, I don't want to see you. It's crazy enough that I'm there!)
- If you have any questions, just send me an email. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by my tent!
- Be sure to sign up for my private email newsletter to stay in the loop for date reminders, VIP secret sales, news, special savings, and more!
CONTACT INFORMATION: hello@BarbKelloggPhotography.com PO Box 227, Avon, MN 56310 (320) 493-8883