I'm really excited to be bringing you my artwork directly to you! I’ll update this page as I’m accepted to each event.
Most of these events are great places to chat with me in person, too!
2018 ART EVENT SCHEDULE
- February 15th — March 16th — 23rd Arts in Harmony 2018 Annual International Show. This year I'm feeling so honored to have TWO images that were chosen—The Wish and The Other Side, both flower images. ---- Main Show Reception: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 4:00 – 6:00 pm, Hopkins Center for the Arts. The Main Show will be at Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Main Street, Hopkins, MN 55343. There is Free Parking at the parking ramp located at the corner of Main Street and 11th Avenue diagonally across from the Hopkins Center for the Arts.
- Friday, March 23rd — St Cloud Art Crawl — at Falcon National Bank, downtown St Cloud. 5 to 9pm, 1010 W St Germain Street, St Cloud. A great stop on the art crawl that will be full of artists, including your's truly!
- April 2nd — 30th — St Cloud Hospital. Main floor, Center entrance, between coffee shop and chapel. Part of the sale proceeds benefit the St. Cloud Hospital Auxiliary. Your purchases are made at the hospital gift shop.
- May 2nd — 26th — What Mental Illness Feels Like—Images & Stories, Gallery St. Germain, 912 West St. Germain, St Cloud, MN. (Across from The Paramount.)
OPENING RECEPTION, Thursday May 3rd, 6 to 8pm. Regular Gallery Hours: Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays—11 to 5pm, Saturdays 10 to 2pm.
ABOUT THE EXHIBIT: Barb Kellogg created “What Mental Illness Feels Like—Images & Stories”, a photography project inspired by conversations with a friend who battled depression. The result of those conversations was a better understanding, not of the text book definition of the illness, but of how it actually felt to him in terms Barb could relate to. This experience eventually made her wonder how she, as a photographer, could translate mental illness so that people without it could visually see how it feels, and hopefully relate in some way. After interviewing people living with mental illness, Barb created visual analogy photographs for each person based on their conversations about what their mental illness felt like. The exhibit also includes short stories and portraits of each person Barb interviewed. The goal of “What Mental Illness Feels Like” is to create understanding of mental illness, decrease stigma, and, ultimately, to humanize it. -- This activity is made possible through a grant from the Central Minnesota Arts Board, thanks to funds provided by The McKnight Foundation.” More info and (press kit)
- Saturday, May 19th — Girls Day Out — Saturday, 10am — 5pm. This intimate event is at Mary Gohman's home - 1106 Somerset Blvd, St. Cloud, MN. She is a fantastic jewelry artist (check out her work here), plus there will be a good handful of other artists, not just jewelry, including yours truly! I'll be having my "Name Your Price" promotion on matted prints again that was so popular last year.
- June 1st — end of July — Falcon National Bank inside lobby, downtown St. Cloud, MN. Photography will be for sale, contact me to purchase. During the June 8th Art Crawl, I will be in the Atrium, so purchases of artwork can me made in person from 5 to 9pm.
- Friday, June 8th — St Cloud Art Crawl - Falcon National Bank Atrium, 5 to 9pm, 1010 W St Germain Street, St Cloud. Incredibly honored to be with fellow Central Minnesota Arts Board/McKnight Foundation Award winners. In the atrium I'll be featuring some of the artwork from the What Mental Illness Feels Like project, as well as have a variety of images for sale (both from the project and my other nature nature photography).
- Wednesday, June 20th — Aurora Community Center, 15 W 1st Ave N, Aurora MN. 5-7pm. This free community event by Essentia Health is focused on mental health and features a free community dinner, a presentation by NAMI* titled "Creating a Minnesota for All", and my What Mental Illness Feels Like—Images & Stories exhibit. Download the flyer here. (*National Alliance on Mental Illness, link for the MN chapter.)
- Now — end of August — Hop Shop, 3403 W Division St, St Cloud, MN (in the Midtown Mall St.Cloud. MN. Outside Entrance Only). Five are on display and for sale (WInter Farmland, A Walk in the Woods; and at a reduced price: Hawaiian Orchid, Woods of Avon, Abstract Blue Lake)
- July 2nd —July 31st — CentraCare Health Plaza, St. Cloud, MN — on exhibit and for sale all month. First floor between Family Medicine and the Breast Center. Pay at the Plaza gift shop. Plaza gift shop hours are M–F, 8 to 5pm.
- Wednesday August 1st — Thursday September 27th — Office Hallway, Whitney Senior Center, 1527 Northway Dr, Saint Cloud, MN. I'll have a portion of What Mental Illness Feels Like—Images & Stories on display.
- Friday, August 10th, 4 to 9pm— St Cloud Art Crawl - Falcon National Bank Atrium. 1010 W St Germain Street, St Cloud
- POSTPONED TO Sept 2019 — Art at Waters Edge - at my home in Avon, featuring myself and handful of other artists.
- October 19th — St Cloud Art Crawl — Olde Brick House. 102 6th Ave S, St Cloud.
- Friday, October 26th (5-9pm) and Saturday the 27th (10 to 9pm) — Small But Noteworthy art crawl — "Small Art. Big ideas. Resembling an art crawl, yet between small and medium sized arts venues in our community, Little Falls." My location will be at Great River Arts. I'll be there part of each day. More venues and information here.
- December TBD — Christmas on Somerset, Saturday 10-5pm — An art and gift event at 1106 Somerset Blvd, St Cloud MN featuring many artists! Great opportunity for unique gift buying. Plus, I'll have my "Name Your Price" sale on in stock prints.
Other "Stuff" to know about
- Credit cards are usually accepted, but there are locations where my work is for sale that only take cash or check.
- Events are marked “tentative” if they aren’t confirmed.
- All events are held rain or shine. (If it's storming, I don't want to see you. It's crazy enough that I'm there!)
- If you have any questions, just send me an email. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by my tent!
- Be sure to sign up for my private email newsletter to stay in the loop for date reminders, VIP secret sales, news, special savings, and more!