I'm really excited to be bringing you my artwork directly to you! I’ll update this page as I’m accepted to each event.
2017 ART EVENT SCHEDULE
- January 2 through February 28 — Whitney Senior Center, St. Cloud, MN — I have seven pieces on exhibit for two months in the West Hallway. (You can see other artists throughout the facility, too.) My artwork is for sale, but you'll need to contact me directly to arrange the sale (I'll have that info with the artwork). The Center is open Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; and Saturday, 8 a.m. – 12 noon.
January 19th to March 5th — Essential Art 2017, Paramount Center for the Arts Lobby Gallery, 913 W. St. Germain St., St. Cloud, MN. "The Wish" was chosen to be a part of this year's Essential Art exhibit. ARTIST RECEPTION AND RECOGNITION CEREMONY: An opening reception will be held on Saturday, January 21st, 2017 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. The Award Presentation will take place at 7:00 PM in the Paramount Theater Auditorium.
January 31 to March 30 — 22nd Annual Arts in Harmony International Show, Blaine City Hall, 10801 Town Square Drive, Blaine, MN. My photograph "Midnight Magnolia" will be on display along with more than 200 other works of art (sculpture, paintings, photography, and more). Many artists will have their work for sale like me. Open business hours 8am to 430 pm Monday through Friday, after hours viewing enter through west handicap main entrance doors from 430pm to 9pm. Saturday hours 8am to 9pm (access through handicap doors). This is a wonderful exhibit - well juried (meaning I've never seen anything other than really stellar work.
- February 2 through 11th — SweetArt Salon des Refusés, Northrup King Building, 3rd Floor (#332), Jackson St NE, Minneapolis, MN. OPENING RECEPTION: Thursday, February 2, 5 – 9pm.
Acknowledging the exceptional art that is submitted to juried shows and “rejected”, the Northrup King Building is hosting an exhibit and sale of these works of art. The public participates as jurors selecting their first, second and third place choices. The public jurors’ votes are consolidated by points to an overall first, second and third place winner. My "rejected" photography entry Romantic Daisy will be a part of this event!
April 9th through May 21st — Arts North at the American Swedish Institute, Minneapolis. My photograph "Midnight Magnolia" was chosen to be part of The Arts North exhibition, which highlights nearly 50 works of art selected from more than 200 in the 22nd Annual Arts in Harmony Show. Visit American Swedish Institute in Minneapolis. I'm really thrilled to part of this select group!
April 1st through 28th — St. Cloud Hospital, well over 30 pieces of photography on display and for sale all month, main floor, Center entrance, between coffee shop and chapel. Part of the sale proceeds benefit the St. Cloud Hospital Auxiliary. Payment is made through the hospital gift shop.
- May 2nd through May 31st — "When We Open Our Eyes" — Cream City Tattoo —This solo exhibit of mine, featuring about 30 of my photographs, will be my first solo exhibit in a gallery! In downtown St Cloud (11 6th Ave N, St Cloud), Cream City Tattoo has a wonderful 2,000 sq ft gallery space. The artist reception will be Friday, May 12th from 6pm—8pm, where you can chat with me, see my photography, and enjoy a few snacks! (And maybe one of my photographs will find a home in yours.) Artwork will remain on display through Friday, June 2nd.
- May 20th — Girls Day Out. Saturday, 10am — 5pm. This intimate event is at the Mary Gohman's home - 1106 Somerset Blvd, St. Cloud, MN. She is a fantastic jewelry artist (check out her work here), plus there will be a good handful of other artists, not just jewelry, including yours truly! I'll be having my "Name Your Price" promotion on matted prints again that was so popular last year.
- June 9th — St Cloud Art Crawl — at Kensington Bank (in the old 1st National Bank Bldg) — 5 to 9pm, 501 W St Germain, St Cloud. I'll be located on the 2nd floor. There is an elevator.
- June 22nd — 3rd Annual Lemon Twist Tour. I will be at the historic home located at 14 Highbanks Place, St Cloud, noon to 6pm. Artwork will be featured in several homes in the SCSU area. Lemon Twist is the annual collaboration of Visual Arts Minnesota, South Side University Neighborhood Association and the SCSU School of the Arts. It runs in conjunction with the Lemonade Concert and art Fair on campus. This year Lemon Twist will not only consist of fine art in historic homes/buildings, but a maker fair is being added! Get your walking shoes ready for a walk through the historic south side.
- July — all month — CentraCare Health Plaza, St. Cloud, MN — on exhibit and for sale all month. First floor between Family Medicine and the Breast Center. Pay at the Plaza gift shop.
- July — all month — Waite Park Library, Waite Park, MN — Did you know that this library features artists throughout the year? I have a handful of pieces there for your viewing pleasure. (And if something has to be yours, arrange the purchase through me.)
- July 12 through September 1 — Juried Exhibit "Collective Visions" — Great River Arts, Main Gallery — 122 SE 1st Street Little Falls, MN — My photograph "Stillness in the Pines" was chosen to be a part of this exhibit featuring all mediums. I'm planning on attending the Opening Reception on Thursday, July 20th from 6 - 8 pm. Gallery is open Wed-Fri: 11 am – 6 pm Sat: 10 am – 2 pm Closed: Mon-Tues.
- September — date TBD — Art at Waters Edge — This is the 2nd annual art event held at my home in Avon. More details will be added this summer.
- October, November, and December — Family Medical Center Gallery, Little Falls, MN — On exhibit and for sale. Made possible through Great River Arts, Little Falls.
- December — Christmas on Somerset — St Cloud MN. Date TBD.
Other "Stuff" to know about
- Credit cards are usually accepted, but there are locations where my work is for sale that only take cash or check.
- Events are marked “tentative” if they aren’t confirmed.
- All events are held rain or shine. (If it's storming, I don't want to see you. It's crazy enough that I'm there!)
- If you have any questions, just send me an email. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by my tent!
- Be sure to sign up for my private email newsletter to stay in the loop for date reminders, VIP secret sales, news, special savings, and more!
CONTACT INFORMATION: hello@BarbKelloggPhotography.com PO Box 227, Avon, MN 56310 (320) 493-8883