Further Reading & Resources
Resources that I have found to be helpful in my research and just general knowledge.
- Descriptions of Common Mental Health Conditions
- Know the Warning Signs and Where to Get Help
- Gun Violence and Mental Illness: Myths and Evidence-Based Facts, by Joel Miller, American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Mental Illness, Mass Shootings, and the Politics of American Firearms, by Metzl and MacLeish, American Journal of Public Health
- Gun Violence and Mental Illness (2016). Edited by Liza Gold M.D. and Robert Simon, M.D., American Psychiatric Association Publishing. Available through your library, local bookstore, or Amazon.
- KSTP-TV meteorologist Ken Barlow reflects on life with bipolar disorder, by Andy Steiner, MINNPOST
- Why Do We Fear Mental Illness, by Peggy Drexler, Ph.D., research psychologist and assistant professor
- The Roots of Mental Illness, by Kirsten Weir, June 2012 Monitor on Psychology, American Psychological Association
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (aacap.org)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (nami.org)
- National Institute of Mental Health (nimh.nih.gov)