Romantic Daisy - Photographed with film, this lovely white daisy has a wonderful romantic, soft quality to it. Romantic Daisy represents the beginning of my ongoing journey using film.
Capturing texture and the play of light and shadow are common themes in my work. This image captures the contrasting elements of softness and texture, and dark and light. Emphasizing the daisy's softness was the goal by using soft natural light, a macro lens, and playing with the angle of light on the flower. A hint of the petal's texture remains within the soft glow of light.
I took a hybrid approach in creating Romantic Daisy, supplementing the analog process with a small amount of digital developing to subtly lighten some midtones and shadows in the image to better balance the overall image.
Photographing flowers has been a passion of mine for years. Flowers have enticing opposing qualities of texture and softness that are a joy for me to photograph. Adding film to my process adds a nuance that I can't fully replicate digitally, and I'm excited to explore the possibilities that film can add to my art.
Click image for larger view. Logo will not appear on ordered item.
- Classic Fine Art Prints - printed on high quality paper, individually signed
- Fine Art Gallery Wrapped Canvas - giclee printed on fine art canvas, wrapped around wood stretcher bar. Individually signed. Advantages of purchasing on canvas and care instructions.
- Small Matted Print - available with a white or black mat, individually signed. Fits 8x10 frame opening. Indicate mat color at checkout. Examples and more info.
- Individually hand signed
- Love Your Art guarantee. See details.
- Please allow up to 2–3 weeks to receive your order due to professional lab production times.
- Also available as a 24x36 fine art canvas, please special order here.